Saturday, March 24, 2012

Film review: “Un Baiser Papillon”

Un Baiser Papillon, set in modern day Paris, follows the lives of four separate families/couples as they endure hardships and triumphs whilst trying to keep up with everyday life.

The characters were easy to fall in love with and relate to, each with their own recipe of heart and soul which allowed you to follow their journey with them.

Paris was beautifully depicted, with the film highlighting some of the gorgeous landmarks and scenery, but also giving us a taste of its underground. The film touched on sensitive subjects such as cancer, infertility and some of the political issues facing the youth of France today.


A beautifully written film with a phenomenal soundtrack, had me in stiches of laughter, made me incredibly emotional, and encouraged me to stop and appreciate all the things in my life that I am grateful for. If I was to go by the chatter and smiles I saw on the other patrons’ faces after the film, I am certain they felt the same way!

Review by La Trobe French student, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment